24 Feb Australia’s secret to double glazed systems success
Product Focus: double glazing
When Australian architects, facade engineers and designers think thermal break they think EDGE Architectural because of our systems’ strength, flexibility and consultative support. Experts know and love U-MAX™ the performance of its feature set, a DNA that includes:
- Australian designed thermal break window and door systems specifically for Australian conditions
- Solid metric footprint across all products
- Advanced drainage methodology for better performance
- Captive glazing beads that won’t unclip to stand the test of time
- Anti-drop out gaskets
- Anti-shrink, non-drop out glazing wedges
- No visible drain holes for better aesthetics
- Multiple glazing options
- Multiple frame options
- Mix and match frame flexibility
EDGE Architectural offers Australians a thermal break range designed specifically for Australia, but we developed high performing single and double glazed systems, too. MAX™ is EDGE Architectural’s double glazed framing system.
Not every project requires or is right for a thermally broken system. Compatible with U-MAX™ thermally broken frames, MAX™ is a stand out product in it’s own right. Don’t just think of EDGE when you need thermally broken frames; provide your customers with the best there is, select MAX™ double glazing when energy requirements don’t demand thermal break.
From apartments to education facilities, and even high-end residential homes, trust MAX™ to provide flexible design solutions, energy performance and frame durability your customer will thank you for.
MAX™ double glaze range:
- MAX™ 100mm Centre Double Glazed
- MAX™ 100mm Front Double Glazed 34mm pocket
- MAX™ 100mm Front Double Glazed 44mm pocket
- MAX™ 150mm Front Double Glazed 34mm pocket
- MAX™ 150mm Front Double Glazed 44mm pocket
- MAX™ 150mm Front Capped Double Glazed
- MAX™ 150mm Offset Double Glazed
- MAX™ Structural Glazed 150mm Double Glazed
- MAX™ 200mm Front Double Glazed 44mm pocket
- MAX™ 150mm Unitised Double Glazed Curtain Wall
- MAX™ 182mm Unitised Double Glazed Curtain Wall
- MAX™ Double Glaze Awning & Casement Sashes
- MAX™ Double Glaze Commercial Door Systems
- MAX™ Double Glaze Sliding Door
- MAX™ Double Glaze Bi-fold Door
Benefits of double glazing
- Thermal insulation and reduction on demand for cooling and heating
- Improved comfort levels within the building and increase the usable space by reducing “hot” spots and “cold” spots
- Provide better acoustic insulation and reduce noise pollution into the building
- Reduction of condensation on the inside of windows
- Decreased costs for ongoing running and management of the building
Basically, MAX™ Double Glazed window and door systems help your building stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer by reducing thermal transfer. Now that’s cool.
Know what’s else is cool for the right project? Single glazing. Check out GEN™, EDGE Architectural’s single glaze framing systems, for your next project with single glazed window and door systems. The expansiveness of the EDGE Architectural ranges means you can specify the right system to achieve the thermal performance specification of your project and still enjoy the advantages of the EDGE DNA.
Keeping it local: 3M™
One key component of EDGE structural glazed framing design is the use of 3M™ VHB™ Tape. One system within the EDGE Architectural suites offers Australia’s first glazing system purposed designed for VHB tape. 3M™ VHB™ Tape is a high-strength bonding tape and a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other mechanical fasteners. Unlike screws or rivets – which join materials at a single point, high-strength bonding tape permanently adheres one substrate to another while spreading the stress load across the entire length of the joint.
Once materials are joined with 3M™ VHB™ Tape, a virtually indestructible “weld” is created. Unique viscoelastic properties absorb shock and distribute stress evenly. With offices across Australia, 3M™ provide comprehensive training for EDGE customers looking to structurally glaze with 3M™ VHB™ Tape. Training can be arranged at your workshop, or at EDGE Architectural’s manufacturing facility in Melbourne. 3M™ is an important part of the EDGE Architectural Eco-system. To find out more about working with our structural glaze tape products, contact EDGE.